This is our 8 month trip across the country on longboards. in an attempt to raise green awareness and to raise money for multiple sclerosis, we will board 5000+ miles on our longboards. we start in march 2010, so i hope you'll be here to read about our adventures

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mobile and it's ups and downs

So we made it into mobile expecting awesome sauce but upon attempting to get into downtown we met with misfortune. I bit it a few times due to cruddy sidewalks and even soaked my feet by rolling through a hidden puddle. We rode down dauphin street all the way to the waterside. Not that it's not a cool looking place, but being down there with backpacks kinda sucked. We spent a few hours trying to find somewhere to camp and ended up having to get a hotel room. On the upside though after dropping our gear and getting showers we went down to a sandwich shop for food and a pitcher of yuenglings (for me). After talking to some of the people hanging out there I went a few doors down to paddy o'tooles for a few beers which was a great choice! Bucky the bartender listened to my stories and told everyone else that was there. I got to meet all sorts of people including my buddy Jerome who took us in for the next few days. After leaving and goin to dennys for 17 pancakes I returned to paddys for another beer before going back to the hotel. When I got back to the bar bucky showed me his phoography project which was this cool creepy doll imagery. The next day bucky took us out to an amazing Cajun place called the hungry owl which I will admit has THE best Cajun food ever!! And for only $10 for a big plate of awesome! Afterwards we went to see a display of tanks and aircraft and a battleship at a park in the bay which was cool. We tried to see some gators there and one popped up out of the water but it dove down before I could snap a pic. To get better pics we went across the bay to a small park known to have alligators all the time. I caught a great pic of a turtle and a few of gators, and Josh almost jumped in to wrestle one lol. Next few days we sat out a big ol storm that came through throwing hail and flattening some houses in Mississippi, luckily leaving us alone. My birthday (Sunday the 25th) was spent with Josh and my new freinds Jerome, Tim, and Stephanie and was a cool time! I had a steak and a few beers so I figure I had an awesome time. Anyway I gotta roll so y'all take care

No comments:

Post a Comment