This is our 8 month trip across the country on longboards. in an attempt to raise green awareness and to raise money for multiple sclerosis, we will board 5000+ miles on our longboards. we start in march 2010, so i hope you'll be here to read about our adventures

Sunday, January 17, 2010

another week of prep work


so in the process of getting supplies together ive noticed im still going to have quite a heavy pack. i decided to get my hands on an A.L.I.C.E. (All-purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment) pack, which is like a military backpack. theoretically this will give me plenty of space to carry everything neccesary. hopefully i wont need a frame for it to carry everything seeing as that would be even more weight and more unwieldy. im also trying to figure out what ill bring as far as lightweight clothing and how much ill need to have with me.
In all of this getting things together ive been thinking alot about this adventure of mine. of course its gonna be wicked awesome, but at the same time im thinking about all of my freinds and family ill be leaving behind. and if this trip is really awesome, will i even come back? what if i get to the west coast and stay there? or if theres somewhere on the way that i end up going back to after the trip? theres alot to think about in this so tell me what y'all think

4 comments:

  1. We're enjoying your updates. What will you do for food? Maybe there will be a lot of kindly souls along the way who will be very excited about what you are doing and will take you in and make you some good home cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristan, I'm looking forward to hearing about the journey. I've posted about your trip on my own blog and put a link that'll send people over here. In addition to following it myself, of course. :) Can't wait to hear about the places you'll go and the people you'll meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for food im figureing onn carrying about 3 days worth of food (granola, snack bars, jerky, etc.) at any given time. ive put on a little winter fat (15lbs) so i hope that will ast me until i have some distance under my belt and people start to hear about my trip down the road. i have my savings to work off of which is about 4 grand give or take, so i wont be broke starting out. hopefully people along the way do decide to invite me to dinner, seeing as i love trying new food. especially when i get to memphis and new orleans, im really excited about the food lol. and Meg, thank you!! ill be posting whatever i can about all the people i meet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow dood. well i cant wait!! im excited about the food expeditions for you lock! im sure its going to be a trip of a lifetime and you know for a fact I will always be proud of you. keep your belly full, your heart and body warm and your mind open...oh wait.. we all know you always do :D

    ReplyDelete